Today we’d like to introduce you to Katrina Combs.
Katrina, we appreciate you taking the time to share your story with us today. Where does your story begin?
Fountain City Roller Derby started over ten years ago with a few friends looking to get active while having some fun. Few rules were in place and lots of lessons were learned, but now we’re over 80 league members strong. We’re diverse, gender-inclusive, and love to have fun on the track.
Can you talk to us a bit about the challenges and lessons you’ve learned along the way? Looking back would you say it’s been easy or smooth in retrospect?
Along the way, there has been a lot of changes. From skating rink challenges to venues to hold our matches to the core founders and leadership completely folding/retiring and essentially starting over. Skaters have retired, new members have joined, but overall, we’re glad to have the support to survive through the pandemic. Not a lot of leagues did.
Thanks – so what else should our readers know about your work and what you’re currently focused on?
I actually am a Marine Veteran and now work for the federal government and mom of two toddlers. In the league, we have teachers, students, entrepreneurs, small business owners, non-profit employees, stay-at-home parents; the league is a total mix of folks!
Do you have recommendations for books, apps, blogs, etc.?
Anything supporting the skating community I’m all about!
- Email: Recruitment@quadsquadllc.org
- Website: www.fountaincityrollerderby.com
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/fountaincityrollerderbyhttps://linktr.ee/fountaincityrollerderby
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/fountaincityrollerderby
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/fountaincityrollerderby
- Youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UCBvun9ofWiQzrfgAasKrISw
- Other: https://linktr.ee/fountaincityrollerderby
Zaftig Unicorn Photography