Today we’d like to introduce you to Alana Belove.
Hi Alana, can you start by introducing yourself? We’d love to learn more about how you got to where you are today?
I always had a passion to photography. Since I was a little girl, I loved to pose (when I’m looking at my childhood pics, I can say for 100% that I was posing for them). When I was 15, I asked for my first camera as my Birthday gift, since that thats my best friend. I am originally from Ukraine, and when I was 18 I took photography classes there to understand how the camera works, exposure, F point, aperture, ISO – everything! Than I took more and more classes to learn and I practice a lot on my friends, family, etc. I used to work as event photographer for a women’s magazine, worked with make up artists and we shoot more as a fashion style. Five years ago, I moved to US and everything that I dreamed to shoot was here – school buses, gorgeous streets with old houses, downtown, nature, like everything that you can just think about! But immigration took all my energy and I was moving a lot from state to state, didn’t know anyone, and didn’t know where to start. And two years ago, my baby girl was born, and since I was basically on maternity leave, I decided that this is the best time to re-start my photography career. And all my friends and husband told me to do that, so I did. I started, and I’m so happy now because I have my own business that I’m really enjoying and love! And recently, I started dress rental service, so now you can rent this gorgeous gown or dress here in KC area (for now locals only).
Can you talk to us a bit about the challenges and lessons you’ve learned along the way. Looking back would you say it’s been easy or smooth in retrospect?
Yes and No.
– Back in Ukraine, it didn’t bring me enough money so I had to pause my photography career and find job with good salary.
– I moved from one state to another basically every year in past years.
– I started my business in December 2019, March 2020 – Covid-19 and lockdown.
– August 2020 me and my family moved back to KC area and I started again.
– Since I moved back to KC everything is going good and I’m really happy with everything that I have now and all my clients that choose me and believe in me and trust me to be their wedding photographer!
As you know, we’re big fans of you and your work. For our readers who might not be as familiar what can you tell them about what you do?
I specialized in Portraits, branding sessions (yoga, fitness instructors, photographer headshots), Couples, Elopement and Weddings. I also offer maternity and Family sessions. I would say that my photography style is dark moody and I’m a natural light photographer. I love to shoot at sunset time and have this gorgeous sun on a background, especially somewhere on a gorgeous field with flowers or tall grass! Also, I really love candid photos – love to capture natural emotions and just catch the moment.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://belovephotography.mypixieset.com/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/alanabelovephotography?utm_medium=copy_link
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Alanabelovephotography/
- Other: https://www.instagram.com/kansascitygowns/